-----Usage of Images/Model Release-----
As the artist, Jordan Grafe, Jordan Theresa Photography requests that the work she creates be allowed into art exhibits, displayed in her gallery, print competitions and other places that her work may be featured. Her work is always showcased in the best possible way and will never compromise her profession as an artist/photographer. The identities of families used in marketing and advertising photos are always kept strictly confidential.
I agree that I have read this portrait agreement and agree to comply with all policies
and information included. I also agree that Jordan Grafe, Jordan Theresa Photography may use any images created during my commissioned session for display, advertisements, exhibits, sale or trade or other use as deemed appropriate by Jordan Theresa Photography. I agree these images can be used without any additional compensation.
------Studio Policies & Terms-------
1. The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer only and does not include any finished portraits (unless noted). The 40% of the session fee is due at the time of booking, this is your deposit for your portrait session, and holds your appointment time. Cancellations prevent us from booking the time slot with another client, therefore all deposits are non-refundable. The last 60% is due no later than the day of the session. We do accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
2. If it is determined by the photographer that your session needs to be rescheduled within the first 30 minutes of your session, the photographer will reschedule your session at no charge. Any sessions exceeding 3 hours will include an additional fee of $50 an hour. Rescheduling your session is left to the discretion/availability of the photographer. We will work our hardest to make it as soon and convenient as possible for you.
3. I understand that no pose or prop can be guaranteed due to the nature of photographing newborns and infants based on the uncertainty of each child and their personality. Jordan has the right to refuse any pose or prop. Jordan will not be held liable if a specific pose you really wanted, cannot be attained due to special circumstances.
4. Cameras, cell phones, and camcorders or any other electronic recording devices are NOT permitted to be used during sessions. Jordan would like to keep all artist visions, photos, and other imagry in-house until finished.
5. With 24 hour notice a session may be rescheduled once for illness or an emergency. If you have a sick child or emergency on the day of the session please call to cancel. If you call with less than 24 hours before then session your deposit will be forfited. If you try to keep the appointment, Jordan will request that you reschedule if we notice your child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health.
6. Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with kids, as Jordan will need their full attention on her rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome!
7. For all portrait session, not including First|72, you will view your portrait highlights (session highlights are all the photos deamed worthy for editing. I take hundreds of photos during the session but cull through them and remove all photos that do not meet my standard, blicking, blurry, out of focus, etc) online 1-2 weeks days after the session. Once they are uploaded to the online private gallery you will have up to two (2) weeks to view your gallery. During this time you will choose which images you wish to purchse. Once you have selected your images for purchasing Jordan will remove the gallery and hand-retouch each selected image with-in 1 week. Jordan will then upload the finished hand-retouched images. This hand-retouched gallery will be available for 30 days. During which time you can order your prints or download your purchsed digital files. Your finish, hand-retouched gallery, may be shared for purchasing and viewing purposes with family, and friends at no additional fee. Orders from galleries are due within 30 days. After those 30 days the gallery will be removed and archived.
*Please note: There is a $10 fee to reload your gallery or your retouched gallery once it has expired.
8. Of course you are always welcome to request any small alteration of an image, (blemish removal, tighter crop, etc). If you have a request for a small alteration of an image, please let Jordan know BEFORE you place your print or digital file order. Jordan can address minor changes at no cost (fix blemishes, tighter crop, etc.), but more involved requests are billed at $20/hr. Jordan will let you know if there will be extra charges before work begins. Once the requested changes are made, charges apply regardless of whether the final product is purchased.
9. Under no circumstance does Jordan release, unedited,"RAW" photos. This would compromise the artistic integrity of Jordan's work.
10. Jordan works closely with one of the best Printing Labs in the nation. You can view and order your prints in the convenience of your own home or where ever internet is available. You prints will then be mailed directly to your door. You don’t have to worry about coming in to view your images or pick up your prints. Payments may be made with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Prices are subject to change at any time. Current prices are valid for any order placed within 45 days of the session date.
*Please note: Once an order is sent to the printing lab, it is deemed non- refundable.
12. The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to all photographs taken during your session. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, we wish to maintain complete control over the editing process, print quality, finishes and presentation of our images and any reproduction or alteration outside of the studio or without the studio’s permission one, may lower the quality of the image, two, scar our reputation for providing superior portraits and three is illegal.
*Please note: There will be an additional form if you purchased digital files. Please inquire with questions if need be.
-------Liability & Injury Release--------
My involvement and/or participation in a portrait session is voluntary, and I am acting under my own
free will. There is a risk of danger, bodily harm, injury, emotional stress, or death as a result of my
participation. The risks arise from hiking, standing and posing in potentially precarious locations,
tripping or falling in-studio, head injuries with large studio equipment and any other potential risks not
limited to this list. There is the potential for risks and dangers that may not be obvious or reasonably
foreseeable at this time. I do not have any medical ailments, physical limitations, or mental disabilities
that will affect my ability to participate in a photography session. Jordan Grafe, Jordan Theresa Photography and it's employees/contract workers, spouses and next of kin (hereinafter called RELEASEES) undertakes no direct legal or financial responsibility for my personal safety or well being when I am participating in a photo shoot. I assume the risks, including, but not limited to, those outlined in this agreement. I forever release Jordan Theresa Photography, Jordan Grafe, all related participants and releasees from any and all claims and causes of action that I or my representatives now have or may
have in the future for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me, arising out
of participation in a photography session. I am 100% liable for all medical expenses incurred as a
result of any injury or property damage during my participation in a photography session. In the event
that any one or more of the provisions of this agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal,
unenforceable or in conflict with the law according to the jurisdiction of the state of California, the
remaining portions will not be invalidated, and shall remain in full force and effect. I/we agree not to
sue any Releasee, and I/we release and agree to indemnify Releasees from and for all liability to the
undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any and all loss or
damage, and any claims or demands thereafter on account of injury to the person or property or
death of undersigned whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. I/we agree
that this release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is
permitted by the laws of the State where these activities are conducted, and if any part thereof is
held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full force and effect. I/we have read and
voluntarily signed this agreement and further agree that no oral representations, statements or
inducements apart from the foregoing written agreements have been made.